Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
Re: Regenesis Web Site FAQ and Updates
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 12:46:47 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. It really helps guide me in design decisions.:)

The chat was responsible for ~10% of main page load time, while some PHP that was looking for a no-longer present Ventrilo script was another ~60%. So most of the performance improvements the site is going to get are already in place. I was hesitant to add that [~200KB] background image but I think the demographics of our audience allow it.

I can shave another second or so off load times on all pages by changing how our server info (right sidebar) is retrieved. that's in the works but it's tied to a bigger project. I'm going to hold off on saying what all is planned for the site (in case it doesn't come to fruition if I get busy or forget) so I'll leave it at that for now.

J-Rod

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 12:01:08 am »
I would prefer the chat be on the main page but if it helps with the initial load time I'm ok with it being on a separate page. Would it be possible to add a scroll bar so we can see more of the previous chat?

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 10:29:47 am »
I'm kicking around a few ideas with the chat, one of which is to just add the number of people currently in chat to the sidebar (e.g. "Chat (3)") because I keep going in there wondering if anyone is chatting. Another is to just view the most recent chats to the main page but have them not update (so you'd have to refresh the page to check for anything new, and you'd have to click the Chat link in the sidebar to actually participate).

I'll add a complete chat history to the Chat page so you'll be able to see every chat since the first one.

JimK

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 12:11:41 pm »
Looking good.

J-Rod

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 05:15:07 pm »
I like the idea of adding the number of people active in the chat in the main page.

echo

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 12:04:17 am »
Tig, suggestion about the header, but can it be changed back to a link? It seems to be the standard behavior for logo images and it's an easy, large target to get back to the home page.

Also the hover underline made it look really cool. :D

JimK

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 09:30:43 am »
Quote from: echo
Tig, suggestion about the header, but can it be changed back to a link? It seems to be the standard behavior for logo images and it's an easy, large target to get back to the home page.

Also the hover underline made it look really cool. :D

I agree. Also this message really needs to be fixed:

There is no available info for

Account Not Found

It comes up every time I log in. I would much rather have it return to the post i was reading before I logged in.

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 10:26:00 am »
Haha I've caught a lot of flak for that logo link. I took it off while working on some CSS and JavaScript. It may come back but probably not with the hover underline. The feedback is appreciated as it lets me know what you all want. Just takes some maneuvering to get the site how I want it without rendering it nonfunctional in the meantime.

Error message on login is now fixed (please let me know if you see it again) and the link to home from the Regenesis logo is restored (albeit without the underline until I figure out a nicer-looking way to implement something like that).

I'm working on the Private Messages area and it may be limited or nonfunctional temporarily while under construction.

Fixed the problem with BBCode/HTML/Smilies occasionally getting disabled for certain users. Please let me know if it happens again.

echo

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 12:54:30 am »
Hey Tig, the new font isn't as legible. Love the work though overall :)

woodsmoke

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 01:07:28 am »
I like the updates I see so far. Keep up the good work!

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2013, 03:50:02 am »
Thanks guys, feedback and support appreciated. Looking into fonts.

Right sidebar now displays the number of users in TS3.

whispered

• CoD4 Admins
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 04:02:06 am »
This Font really hurts my eyes...

rest of the updates seems really cool and good, and I noticed a year behind the post date now :)

twiztedstudiez

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 01:13:16 am »
Changes are for the best. I haven't really been on the last few days with all my traveling and the holidays. If you guys need help with any of the coding and design, let me know. I'd be more than happy to lend some time.

twiztedstudiez

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2016, 07:37:50 pm »
Hey folks,

Some of you may have noticed the website go down briefly about 30 minutes ago. This was caused due an issue with MySQL causing it to shutdown. The website and linked services should now be restored at this time. Additional root cause will be investigated to verify it doesn't happen again.

Please let Xeno, myself, or Tig know if you notice any additional issues related to this by posting in this topic or shooting us a PM.

Thank you,

TwiZted

twiztedstudiez

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 05:16:33 pm »
Additional downtime today was noticed for the same reason around 5PM CT. A fix will be put in place by Xeno or myself soon.