Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
Fav Fallout 4 Mods
« on: December 29, 2017, 01:08:33 pm »
Hey everyone! I never had the Fallout 4 DLCs until recently and have just started playing the game again. A while back I reinstalled Windows and just copied the game files over from my old install. Same with Nexus Mod Manager (NMM), which I use to manage all the plug-ins/mods (makes installing most mods a two-click job). But some of my mods aren't appearing in NMM, so I'm back at the Nexus checking out the latest and getting some new ones.

Back in Fallout 3, one of my favorite mods was the DCInteriors Project. By the time I started playing FO3 with mods, I'd explored enough to be frustrated with boarded-up places, so DCInteriors was a real eye-opener. Now I'm setting up some similar mods for FO4 and wondering if any Regenesis peeps have favorite FO4 mods (of this or any other type)?

By the way, here's what I'm adding right now:

BUILDINGS

Will update this post with my full mod list later, gonna try these out first!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:11:17 pm by Tig »

J-Rod

• Standard User
    • View Profile
Re: Fav Fallout 4 Mods
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 09:14:14 pm »
I think I'm running the Sanctuary bridge fix, the unofficial fallout 4 patch, more hair styles, ballistic weave to pretty much anything, liberty power armor, more detailed roads in the map and some weather mods. That's what I can remember off the top of my head. Oh, I also have a vest with pouches for my dog. He's pretty badass.

I've experimented with some radio mods but they kept bugging or causing the game to crash. Bing Crosby Christmas Radio was my favorite when it worked. It ended up just looping one song.

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 12:42:51 am »
J, are you using Nexus Mod Manager?

WHAT there's a Bing Crosby Christmas Radio mod!?!?!?!

runs off to the Nexus…

J-Rod

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 05:27:21 pm »
No I use the in-game mod system.

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 08:59:35 pm »
I haven't tried the in-game mod system so can't compare, but Nexus Mod Manager is a 6MB download and works great. You have to create a [free] account but once you do, you can just click Download (NMM) on the page for any mod at the Nexus, and NMM automatically begins downloading it. Once complete, you just click a green check mark in NMM to enable the mod. It doesn't overwrite any files so you can't muck your game up (just disable/delete any mod that causes problems), and it automatically figures out the best load order.

Only potential problem is, NMM makes it so easy you might wind up with a ton of mods haha. But mods are one of the best things about Fallout IMO, very much worth exploring.

J-Rod

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 08:06:06 pm »
I do plan to get a better video card someday and I'll likely end up reinstalling FO4. Before I used the in game mod system I had to alter game files and its been permanently changed.

J-Rod

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 08:46:50 pm »
 So I did a reinstall and it fixed some stuff I broke lol. So that's good. I've installed some mods that added new locations and with those some new quests. Nothing too earth shattering. I'm almost needing the next fallout lol. I don't know if there's any plans on making one anytime soon though.