Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
ESO 50% off on Steam
« on: April 11, 2017, 12:32:21 pm »
Just got this via e-mail. I'm too poor haha but hope it helps someone else!

Steam
Hello [RE]Tig
The following items on your wishlist are on sale:
The Elder Scrolls® Online: Gold Edition

The Elder Scrolls® Online: Gold Edition

WEEKEND DEAL! Offer ends Apr 18 7:00am PDT

-50% $59.99
$29.99
Valve® © Valve Corporation. PO Box 1688 Bellevue, WA 98009.
All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.

Giant

• Media Team
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
Re: ESO 50% off on Steam
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 12:43:42 pm »
Looks like its free to play until 18th April.

D-ST1

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Triad Gaming
Re: ESO 50% off on Steam!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 12:49:42 pm »
The regular edition without the DLC is also $9.90. I recommend if anyone is interested to hop on this deal while it's going on. I'm actively working on growing our community in ESO by advertising every Friday on /r/ElderScrollsOnline as well as in-game. So far we've recruited two really cool people, Mbucaroo and Hockeydude.

Looks like its free to play until 18th April.

I'll let Potato know, he was just talking about how he wished he could try it out before he bought it. Thanks for bringing that up.

And thank you Tig for bringing this up as well, since I've already purchased it I don't get notifications when it goes on sale.
"If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." - Sirius Black

"unfortunately" - LtK, when asked if he was sober.

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 12:57:06 pm »
How would people who get the non-DLC version be affected when playing ESO with Regenesis?

D-ST1

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Triad Gaming
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 01:14:36 pm »
How would people who get the non-DLC version be affected when playing ESO with Regenesis?

The DLC's simply add new areas with quests and story content, you can level from 1 to 50 with just the base game. The only way they would be affected would be if I for example was questing in a DLC area as they would not be able to join me, which I only ever do that when I'm playing by myself anyway. The cool thing about ESO is that the content scales to you so for example if a new player needed help I could come help them but it would scale me down to their level so I couldn't mow through enemy mobs for them. It keeps the game challenging no matter the level. When TwiZ, Chip and I were doing dungeons together we were all different levels but it was the same level of difficulty for us all. I like that we can all play together and not have to wait for someone to get to your level.
"If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." - Sirius Black

"unfortunately" - LtK, when asked if he was sober.

whispered

• CoD4 Admins
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 04:30:13 am »
Sounds a lot like the system used in GW2, even though you're still a bit stronger there because of higher lvl skills (like lvl 1 = DPS +12%, lvl 16 = DPS + 75%).
It's too bad you guys are mostly US so it'll be hard to play together. I would've tried it out for the free duration but seeing as I'm not a big fan of Skyrim I'm not gonna spend money on it when I have to buy it  :-[

NvR

• Media Team
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 04:08:37 pm »
Trying to get it, will see how that goes lul
My stuffs                  Twitch