Leveling up clothing

• 5 Replies

twiztedstudiez

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
Leveling up clothing
« on: February 23, 2017, 11:23:22 pm »
I've found a little trick for leveling up clothing on my character since I decided to ditch woodworking for now. You can buy up the dirt cheap intricate items from the guild stores and deconstruct those in bulk. Gives a lot of XP and better mats. I personally just picked up the skill so not sure how much standard items provide, but doing this leveled my stat up quick. Requires some capital up front to buy the gear to deconstruct and it may cost more if there's not much to choose from in the guild stores. I imagine something similar could be done for other skills if you don't feel like farming crap gear to deconstruct. The only other way I can think of is having a blacksmith pump out gear to level his craft and trade the items to a clothier or alt to deconstruct.

There are some items with Intricate in the name, but you'll want to look for the actual trait -

I was able to pick mine up for <100g at the time, which isn't much for a craft with 0XP. I imagine as you level up this would get expensive.

Hockeydude340

• Standard User
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling up clothing
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 11:55:04 pm »
yeah the thing with all crafting skills is that the higher quality the gear you deconstruct the most xp you get toward the skill, I'm probably going to finish power leveling my smithing, woodworking and clothing to 50 tomorrow, using that though, been saveing up for a while.
One thing to note with those three crafting types is to get good at them it takes a good amount of skill point so choose wisely! And start researching the different traits as some as you can, they each take a while to do and only get longer the more you do even if you spend the skill points, if you want to go into them, it'll let you craft much better gear later.

twiztedstudiez

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 10:17:09 am »
I couldn't figure out how to research anything (for clothing) at least. It always had 0 research available or something and wouldn't let me click on anything lol. Do I have to be wearing the gear I want to research (that has the trait obviously)? The only thing that pops up is the research window and my player gear on the left hand side, but I can't click any of the gear or do anything.

Hockeydude340

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 11:50:59 am »
hmm that's odd, as long as you have the idem in your inventory or bank it should show up if it's one of the traits you can research, as long as your at the same type of crafting station as the idem you want to research and your not already researching something on the crafting station you should be good, what are you trying to research? (The first trait on an idem is only 6 hours)

twiztedstudiez

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 12:46:29 pm »
hmm that's odd, as long as you have the idem in your inventory or bank it should show up if it's one of the traits you can research, as long as your at the same type of crafting station as the idem you want to research and your not already researching something on the crafting station you should be good, what are you trying to research? (The first trait on an idem is only 6 hours)

I'll have to make sure I'm at the right station maybe. Just unloaded a bunch of flooring that I'll probably be putting in over the weekend

Hockeydude340

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 02:35:42 pm »
by the way if anyone gets a smithing station, woodworking station, and/or clothing station for the houseing thing, I'd like to buy it off you, (turning my Riften house into a crafting shop of sorts