Doom (2016)

• 2 Replies

dishwasher666

• Standard User
    • View Profile
Doom (2016)
« on: November 11, 2017, 09:09:05 am »
Has anyone here played this Doom? I started playing last night and I generally pride myself on beating all the other Doom games on nightmare, but I couldn't even play ultraviolence!

Did Bethesda really step this game up? Or am I just that much worse with a controller vs mouse+keyboard?

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
Re: Doom (2016)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 04:36:57 am »
No idea, honestly I've missed the entire series since the original. Yes, as in Doom on MS-DOS  in the early '90s haha. Is this the first one developed by Bethesda? Do you play any other Bethesda games? Just wondering how it stacks up with the style and difficulty of other Bethesda stuff.

dishwasher666

• Standard User
    • View Profile
Re: Doom (2016)
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 12:14:13 pm »
Haha I remember I used to have to go to a friends house just to play the original Doom cause my family didn't have a computer yet.

I believe this is the first Bethesda Doom game (only other one I could see them developing was Doom 3, which I ended up playing on PC anyways). As for the other Bethesda games I've played, all I've played were Fallout 3 and 4. Besides FPS vs TPS, Doom really seems to go back to the roots of the series, having a sort of arcade-y feel with quick character movements, no aiming down the sights, and just an overall barrage of enemies before each checkpoint. So it's not really like any of their other games as far as I can see.

But I did have a chance last night to go through and try to optimise the sensitivities and it seems a little better. Guess I just REALLY suck with a controller now haha.