« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2017, 08:22:02 pm »
Cool cool.

Giant

• Media Team
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
Re: Regenesis Web Site FAQ and Updates
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2017, 07:51:36 am »
I noticed Regenesis still have the Counter Strike Source server but there seem to be little publicity about it. Any chance you could add the server IP on the landing page or somewhere so it could be more noticed?

echo

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2017, 03:02:47 pm »
Forum categories <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2017, 04:16:24 pm »
I noticed Regenesis still have the Counter Strike Source server but there seem to be little publicity about it. Any chance you could add the server IP on the landing page or somewhere so it could be more noticed?

Haha I honestly didn't even realize we had a CS server still running. IIRC nobody was willing to take charge and really make CSS or CS:GO work here so we deleted our CS boards, moved the topics to Other Games, and stopped pushing for it. I'd love to see a successful Regenesis CS section just because I think it'd be good for our growth and visibility.

twiztedstudiez

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2017, 06:55:33 pm »

I setup the server after having a vote that many people voted in, and 1 or 2 people played on it after wanting it for months. It's been idle ever since with bots playing each other. I haven't taken it down simply due to it not actually impacting anything.

D-ST1

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Triad Gaming
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2017, 12:16:15 pm »
Perhaps change the CS:S server into as CS:GO server? Everyone that voted for CS:S plays CS:GO now, and I'd play in it if we had a GO server. It's a more modern game that is very popular, and that's the reason I voted for it in the first place.
"If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." - Sirius Black

"unfortunately" - LtK, when asked if he was sober.

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2017, 12:47:02 pm »
^^ I got CS:GO when we made our initial foray into it, seems like a fine game but more importantly from a community-building standpoint, an extremely popular one (and one that no doubt will enjoy extended popularity given its pedigree). As usual time was my issue getting into it, but I really think GO could be great for Regenesis if only we had people committed to building a community for it here. My other concern is its intense competitiveness, given our nature as a for-fun community ... but I've been told recently that there's room aplenty for casual players too.

twiztedstudiez

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2017, 03:18:44 pm »
Perhaps change the CS:S server into as CS:GO server? Everyone that voted for CS:S plays CS:GO now, and I'd play in it if we had a GO server. It's a more modern game that is very popular, and that's the reason I voted for it in the first place.

In order to host CS:GO servers (and some others, like TF2) you must own the game.

So Tig, if you want to switch out CSS for GO, I'll need you to generate me a key and send it to me.
http://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers

I don't really ever plan buying another CS game. Not my jam, but I should be able to use your code.

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2017, 03:51:10 pm »
Tig, if you want to switch out CSS for GO, I'll need you to generate me a key and send it to me.

While I think CS:GO could be good for Regenesis, all I have to offer is that opinion, and encouragement and respect for anyone who makes it happen.

twiztedstudiez

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2017, 03:52:36 pm »
Tig, if you want to switch out CSS for GO, I'll need you to generate me a key and send it to me.

While I think CS:GO could be good for Regenesis, all I have to offer is that opinion, and encouragement and respect for anyone who makes it happen.

If a majority do want it I would need a key regardless.

Giant

• Media Team
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2017, 04:00:28 pm »
I wouldn't mind if it changes to GO. I do prefer it over CSS.

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2017, 04:44:40 pm »
For those of you currently browsing the site, all Regenesis services, including the web site and servers, will be down for a few minutes starting shortly after this post. Upgrade en route!