Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
A Rambling Realization
« on: October 01, 2017, 12:45:29 pm »
TLDR: just me being an open book, rambling on…

The events of September made me realize something: even though I'd always said Regenesis was more than "just another clan," and touted it as a unique community, I was just toeing the line. Don't get me wrong, I was blown away by the people, the memories, and the accomplishments of this community. But I didn't really believe we were unique.

After all, there are thousands of gaming communities out there, and although I've been too focused on Regenesis to really look, I assume many have outstanding qualities. We can't be the only ones who put life before gaming, hold admins and leaders accountable, or advocate for freedom of gameplay and speech, or stand against prejudice and hate.

But then our VPS went down, and I couldn't find a damn place to play. Where are the great CoD4 and Minecraft servers and communities I assumed are out there that do all that … that don't cut corners on performance … where admins are cool, rules make sense, and people treat each other like human beings?

I wasn't prepared for how much you all cared, or how much you'd be willing to help rebuild, because until this happened I didn't know how unique this place, in fact, is. It's not unique because of me, or because of you. IMO it's because here we all genuinely come together to have fun, and moreover to be better, build something better, and be part of something better.

Up to this point I figured people attacked us because they're generally assholes; calling them jealous would just be arrogant. But calling them assholes isn't really better, and now I realize that Regenesis really does stand out, and that seems to make them mad. One clan's members even kept joining our Discord saying they were on top.

On top of what? I don't see any competition.

BlaZe

• Standard User
    • View Profile
Re: A Rambling Realization
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 02:16:15 pm »
<3 yall have the best community ive found :)

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 02:20:16 pm »
<3 yall have the best community ive found :)

Thanks and welcome BlaZe, glad you got your forum account working.  8)

Unicologic

• Ops Team
  • Standard User
  • Such Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 02:24:39 pm »
Nah, Tig is being vocal. He is probably hanging around with some hot, tall, long neck species with brown and yellow everywhere.

CanYouGuessWhoIAm

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 11:22:16 am »
Nah, Tig is being vocal. He is probably hanging around with some hot, tall, long neck species with brown and yellow everywhere.

LMAO