New Forums: Private Messages

• 4 Replies

Eagle

• CoD4 Admins
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
New Forums: Private Messages
« on: September 30, 2017, 02:06:19 pm »
I'm just curious as to how many people are utilizing ( and would like to keep utilizing) the private message feature on the forums.  Now that discord has become a prominent part of our community, I just wonder if it has affected this feature at all.  Thoughts?  Ready. Set. Go!

Unicologic

• Ops Team
  • Standard User
  • Such Magic
    • View Profile
Re: New Forums: Private Messages
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 07:24:53 pm »
Many people don't use Discord, so just keep the PM available in case someone wants to use it.

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 12:02:03 am »
I've been contemplating the same thing, Eagle. Discord has won me over completely (and I didn't make it easy). Setting aside my resistance to dependence on third-party services, I gotta admit Discord does private messaging better in pretty much every way. I prefer to be contacted that way.

That said, Uni does have a point. For whatever reason (probably the same resistance to change that delayed me from adopting Discord) some people just don't/won't run it, so I suppose it's best to maintain web-based PM capability. But unless we can develop some killer features that elevate it beyond what Discord can do, for me it'll always be a less favored way to communicate.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:03:10 am by Tig »

BlaZe

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 02:18:51 pm »
on alot of older computer ive notice with my friends. Discord like to drag down your fps in game just that little but of stuff runnin in the back ground from discord. So i think you should keep theWeb pm up make it easier for player to communicate who do not wanna download or run discord. :)

Unicologic

• Ops Team
  • Standard User
  • Such Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 02:23:15 pm »
Hmm, weird. I don't have problem with Discord even when playing on the laptop with 60fps in Cod4. But yea fair point, website's PM doesn't take up that nuch, I believe.