• 25 Replies

Quesadios

• Banned
  • Standard User
  • You are now breathing manually.
    • View Profile
Quesa Demands Transparency
« on: June 29, 2017, 12:21:49 pm »
Even if X is knowledgeable about data storage, he's posted three times this year and he doesn't seem any more inclined to help than you are.

don't be glum friend
If you believe this is anything other than a gaming community, I have a bridge you may be interested in buying.

Quesadios

• Banned
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
Re: Quesa Demands Transparency
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 12:34:42 pm »
Even if X is knowledgeable about data storage, he's posted three times this year and he doesn't seem any more inclined to help than you are.

You ask for a positive post and I give you one but now it is gone to the ether? WHO DELET THIS I DEMAND TRANSPARENTSEE
If you believe this is anything other than a gaming community, I have a bridge you may be interested in buying.

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 12:38:23 pm »
I split the above posts from New type of ransomware to address the demand for transparency. No post was deleted (I initially moved the first one in this topic to our Abuse, Spam, and Troll repository, which is private, to help keep Unicorn's thread on-topic, but have since moved it back here to address any censorship concerns).

Quesa, I appreciate the attempt at humor but I and others know you well enough to know when you're trolling. That's why I moved the first post out, given the context of the last post you submitted and where I saw it heading.

Quesadios

• Banned
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 12:40:58 pm »
But why edit your original post? It said to positively contribute. DECEIT REEEEEEEEEEEE

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 12:42:00 pm »
I edit my posts for clarity. The meaning hasn't really changed. I don't have the original wording but you're welcome to post what I said pre-edit if you have it.

Quesadios

• Banned
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 12:43:04 pm »
I edit my posts for clarity. The meaning hasn't really changed. I don't have the original wording but you're welcome to post what I said pre-edit if you have it.

I don't screencap posts because I trust people not to abuse the edit function CENSORSHIP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 12:48:54 pm »
From this point on I'll let another forum moderator deal with this to avoid bias, since the complaint is against me.

Quesadios

• Banned
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 12:52:00 pm »
From this point on I'll let another forum moderator deal with this to avoid bias, since the complaint is against me.

D HAS EMPOWERED ME WITH THE ARTICLES OF WAR SECTION 69 PT 420 SUBSECTION DANK WEED LMAO

but no really, you asked for a positive contribution, I gave it to you. A pure transaction, how is that trolling?

badger

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 04:12:38 pm »
Tig I think we've already reached and extremely high level of mature conversation on the forums. Higher than I EVER would have guessed we could achieve. Frankly, I think the amount of comic relief in this place is what's at a critical level, not maturity. It's kind of always been a given that Q would reply with something like that. I don't think it's trolling, it's just kinda funny.

We have so many political conversations on here that scrolling through the forums is becoming emotionally draining. There is nothing to laugh at any more. Everything in moderation.
Smooth saillors don't make... good...... seas?

echo

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 04:22:06 pm »
I love you Q.

twiztedstudiez

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 04:24:20 pm »
We have so many political conversations on here that scrolling through the forums is becoming emotionally draining. There is nothing to laugh at any more. Everything in moderation.

So many dinosaurs, Jesuses, bad hair styles, and poor presidential decisions I don't even know what to believe anymore. I think we can use some more 420s.

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 05:20:31 pm »
I do appreciate the attempt at humor, but after those two posts in a thread trying to help people, getting the thread back on topic is my job as a moderator. All I'm asking Quesa is that you post where appropriate, and if a mod signals that you're out of line, don't worry about it. Just stop and move on. PM the mod if you have questions, report any mod you feel is not behaving appropriately.

Violence

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 08:45:39 pm »
My job as a moderator to get people back on topic.

Except it's not a political forum, or a medical research forum, or a religious forum. It doesn't have strict rules saying that people can't post pictures or comments in an attempt to be funny. It's a friendly gaming community, where posts such as that should not only be accepted but encouraged. The best of friends are the ones that can poke fun at eachother without getting mad. Forgive me if there's a Tig by-law somewhere that says any posts off topic will be removed. In my opinion, I'm sure others may disagree, you have the wrong idea of what this community is. If you want a forum in which to discuss politics they're out there.

I'm not saying they can't be discussed here, but don't be suprised when some people try to lighten the mood.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:48:45 pm by Violence »

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 09:25:43 pm »
Of course you can post pictures or humor or whatever! Just be sensible about where you post it. That's not asking much, is it? :)

However, individual threads exist to contain conversation on a given topic. Would you prefer the topic about ransomware also be used to address Quesa's demand for transparency? I moved his post to its own thread here so it could be given full attention while that thread remained on topic. And that was after he had already submitted a post that didn't exactly help. Nobody's been censored, nobody's been kicked off the forums. One thread simply became two. This is standard forum etiquette and moderation. What's the issue?

Violence

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 09:30:08 pm »
Let me ask you this, and be honest with yourself. If Queso started a post about Heroes and Generals, and somebody went off topic. Would you "moderate" it? Or are you doing this because it's your post?