News sources

• 10 Replies

Eagle

• CoD4 Admins
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
Re: News sources
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 11:15:33 pm »
There is a long trail of dead bodies following the Clintons.  Every time someone has dirt on them they end up committing suicide.  There's so many it just cannot be a coincidence.

echo

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 05:10:08 am »
100% of the sources citing /any/ connection between this guy and the Clintons are the same story, written after his death and exclusively put on blast by conservative fringe media. It's like this version of him materialized out of thin air.

Read the Herald story and you'll find it was he himself facing allegations of fraud.

Ask yourself honestly: do you find this credible, or do you independently want it to be?

Eagle

• CoD4 Admins
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 10:08:15 am »
I haven't seen the story until you posted it.  Besides the Miami Herald, every other site that I can find anything about it on, is a relatively small news site.  None of the larger media sites are making it a story (CNN, FOX, NBC, even the AP).  But lets compare the facts presented in each article:

Zerohedge
"Eberwein faced allegations of fraud and corruption on how the agency he headed administered funds. Among the issues was FAES’ oversight of the shoddy construction of several schools built after Haiti’s devastating Jan. 12, 2010, earthquake."

Miami Herald
"Eberwein faced allegations of fraud and corruption on how the agency he headed administered funds. Among the issues was FAES’ oversight of shoddy construction of several schools built after Haiti’s devastating Jan. 12, 2010, earthquake."

Both articles admit he was facing allegations himself.  The Miami Herald doesn't provide any information on his public criticism of the Clinton Foundation:

Zerohedge
Eberwein was a fierce critic of the Clinton Foundation’s activities in the Caribbean island, where he served as director general of the government’s economic development agency, Fonds d’assistance économique et social, for three years. “The Clinton Foundation, they are criminals, they are thieves, they are liars, they are a disgrace,” Eberwein said at a protest outside the Clinton Foundation headquarters in Manhattan last year.

Miami Herald:

Zerohedge:
"[A]ccording to Eberwein, it was the Clinton Foundation who was deeply in the wrong – and he intended to testify and prove it on Tuesday."

Miami Herald:

Zerohedge:
"According to Eberwein, a paltry 0.6 percent of donations granted by international donors to the Clinton Foundation with the express purpose of directly assisting Haitians actually ended up in the hands of Haitian organizations. A further 9.6 percent ended up with the Haitian government. The remaining 89.8 percent – or $5.4 billion – was funneled to non-Haitian organizations."

Miami Herald:

The Miami Herald instead focuses on his partnership in a pizzeria, and claims he was an Uber Driver (they don't share how this was confirmed - was there someone with the same name?  or did they actually have more details to tie him to this?)  He was a part owner of a Pizzeria and was planning to open another one but he had fallen on hard times?  Seems a bit fishy.

I would say that the Miami Herald did not lie, but omitted information that could potentially make the Clintons look bad.

I don't read Zerohedge so I am not defending the site, All I am saying is, there is a trail of dead bodies surrounding the Clintons.  That is a factual statement.  I can't think of any other politicians that have anything like it.  Here is a list of "mysterious deaths" tied to the Clintons:

Shawn Lucas – Aug. 2, 2016 - found dead in bathroom
Victor Thorn – Aug. 1, 2016 - gunshot wound - ruled suicide
Joe Montano – July 25, 2016 - heart attack at age 47
Seth Rich – July 10, 2016 - gunshot wound - ruled robbery gone wrong (nothing taken)
John Ashe – June 22, 2016 - found dead with throat crushed - ruled a heart attack
Gareth Williams – Aug. 16, 2010 - body was found naked, padlocked and stuffed in a 32-inch by 19-inch duffel bag that was sitting in his London bathtub - ruled a suicude (lol)
Charles Ruff – Nov. 20, 2000 - home accident?  possible heart attack?
Carlos Ghigliotti – April 28, 2000 - found at desk in his home badly decomposed
Charles Wilbourne Miller – Nov. 17, 1999 - gunshot wound to head - ruled a sucide
Daniel Dutko – July 27, 1999 - mountain biking accident
Lt. Gen. David J. McCloud – July 26, 1998 - plane crash
Johnny Lawhorn Jr. – March 29, 1998 - car accident
James McDougal – March 8, 1998 - heart attack at age 58
Eric Butera – Dec. 4, 1997 - beaten to death during undercover drug buy for police
Ron Miller – Oct. 12, 1997 - unknown illness
Mary Caitrin Mahoney – July 6, 1997 - gunshot wound - ruled robbery gone wrong (nothing taken)
John Hillyer – Nov. 29, 1996 - heart attack -
Barbara Wise – Nov. 29, 1996 - partially nude and bruised in her office - ruled natural causes
Ron Brown – April 3, 1996 - plane crash
Charles Meissner – April 3, 1996 - plane crash
Stanley Huggins – June 23, 1994 - viral pneumonia
Bill Shelton – June 12, 1994 - gunshot wound - ruled a suicide
Kathy Ferguson – May 10, 1994 - gunshot to head - ruled a suicide
James Bunch – Feb. 11, 1994 - gunshot wound - ruled a suicide
Gandy Baugh – Jan. 8, 1994 - fell from a building -ruled a suicide
Ed Willey – Nov. 29, 1993 - gunshot wound to the mouth - ruled a suicide
Jerry Luther Parks – Sept. 26, 1993 - shot in his car
Dr. Stanley Heard – Sept. 10, 1993 - plane crash
Jon Parnell Walker – Aug. 15, 1993 - fell from Lincoln Towers -suicide?
Vince Foster – July 20, 1993 - gunshot wound to the mouth - ruled a suicide
Jim Wilhite – Dec. 21, 1992 - ski accident
C. Victor Raiser II and Montgomery Raiser – July 30, 1992 - plane crash
Susan Coleman – Feb. 15, 1977 - Gunshot wound to back of head- ruled a suicide

These are the ones we know about.  If you look you'll see quite pattern with the exception of a couple of outliers.   

echo

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 11:39:19 am »
That's what I mean: Zerohedge provides this "extra" information from unreliable "news" sites that appear to be making it all up out of thin air. Does that not set off alarm bells? Zerohedge isn't a 'source'; it's reporting information from other sources, all of which immediately announced unprompted this Clinton Foundation connection after the man's death.

So why is the conclusion that the Herald omitted information, and not that these other sources made it up?

Eagle

• CoD4 Admins
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 01:16:39 pm »
I don't know where the info is coming from, I have scoured the net and can't find anything about the guy past his suicide.  There are hundreds of sites reporting the same info, not sure where it came from.  I suspect in a day or two we will have more hardline info coming from a more reputable site that will quote its sources.

Eagle

• CoD4 Admins
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 01:18:03 pm »
On a side note, don't you find it odd that only the Miami Herald reported on the story and that no other main stream media outlet (even the AP) has picked it up?  I mean, they haven't even mentioned that he died. 

echo

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 01:29:12 pm »
Yeah, I did the same thing with the exact same results. I'm with you there, and I find it very suspect. The information contained here is the kind you'd think there would be a paper trail for ... past articles documenting these goings-on before anyone knew he would commit suicide.

And those hundreds of sites -- if they're not simply sourcing another one (e.g, ZeroHedge's "thegatewaypundit reports...") then they have no sources at all. And they're all the exact same type of site, if you know what I mean. This isn't merely not the only common story they put on blast, that trend is the rule and not the exception. So I think we do have a rather clear picture for how these sites operate. It should be concerning whether or not one's political aims align with theirs.

But as you say, we will see about reputable sites that do primary reporting.

---

To the side, this is a fair question and I had the same one. I don't find it that odd because "local man commits suicide" is not necessarily that much of a story. We can, on the other hand, find stories of Eberwein and PetroCaribe; here's a Mar 2015 from a Haitian source of quality unknown to me with a translated title of 'Squandering of PetroCaribe funds by the Martelly government." It's not clear where else the current hearing has been reported.

Here's snopes with some good overall coverage, so don't take my word for it: http://www.snopes.com/klaus-eberwein/ The summary is about the same as my thoughts, and I'm also curious now that it's been raised in profile what the Herald reporter has to say:

Before news of Klaus Eberwein’s suicide was reported on 12 July 2017, no reports said or even hinted that any probe in which he was involved targeted Hillary Clinton or the Clinton Foundation. The claim originated on the frequently disreputable YourNewsWire.com, and was uncritically repeated and amplified by readers and blogs. However, we have found no specific information tying Eberwein to Clinton before his July 2017 death.

We attempted to contact both the original Herald writer as well as Sen. Evalière Beauplan to verify the link or lack thereof, but have not yet received a response from either.

echo

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 08:22:45 am »
http://www.npr.org/2017/08/01/540783715/lawsuit-alleges-fox-news-and-trump-supporter-created-fake-news-story?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=morningedition&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170801

The Fox News Channel and a wealthy supporter of President Trump worked in concert under the watchful eye of the White House to concoct a story about the murder of a young Democratic National Committee aide, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday.

Wow. How 'news' comes together.

Eagle

• CoD4 Admins
  • Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 10:48:16 pm »
Its a lawsuit that "alleges" these things happened.  Lets see how it proceeds in court.

echo

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 09:46:41 pm »
Yes, but let's be clear on what is 'alleged' and what is agreed upon. For example, the baselessness of the retracted Fox story. The meeting that occurred, and the thing that Spicer said -- which he claims was a 'joke'. The communications within Fox that resulted from it. I'm less interested in Wheeler's fight here than the picture we have of how Butowsky and Fox conducted their business.

Additionally: do the same standards of 'alleged ness' apply to your list of dead bodies surrounding Clinton? I don't know most of those names. We've covered two stories that seem to be clearly bunk. At what point can we start drawing conclusions about the sources who are eager to peddle these, well, fabrications? How many lies before we realize that lying is the intent?