• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
Regenesis CoD4 Server Info
« on: April 14, 2012, 12:58:18 am »
Discord
You may chat/voice chat with us at anytime. Please make sure to follow our standard ruleset.
https://discord.gg/PBkTjwm

Rules
[indent]
  • Swearing is allowed. Discriminatory language is not.
  • Be friendly, respectful, welcoming, and a good sport!
  • Do not impersonate other players. Only Regenesis members may wear [RE] tags.
  • All weapons, perks, and tactics are allowed.*
  • No complaining about any player's weapons, perks, or tactics. This includes camping, martyrdom, and last stand.
  • Do not unbalance teams or circumvent auto-balance.
  • No machine gun glitches or elevators. Jumps, bounces, and out-of-map are ALLOWED.
  • Type !report playername reason in TEAM chat to report problems. No accusing in open chat.
  • If you are going to be AFK/idle, please leave so other players can join.
  • No cheating.
* Grenade launchers are deactivated in our Mix and S&D servers.

** Chams, skins, and commands that alter colors, shading, objects rendered, or UAV functionality are regarded as cheating here. Aimbots, wallhacks, no recoil, or any other cheats are not allowed. Circumventing or helping others circumvent penalties is a bannable offense. Ghosting, trolling, and generally disruptive behavior can be addressed at admins' discretion.
[/indent]

Automated Enforcement
[indent]
  • aimbot detection and auto-ban
  • koncept hack detection and auto-ban
  • Evil-Hook detection and auto-ban
  • XHL hack detection and auto-ban
  • spam detection and auto-penalties
  • discriminatory language detection and auto-penalties
For security, some measures are not listed. Please let us know if you see players circumventing these.
[/indent]

Maps

[indent]
HC TDM - 74.91.124.122:28960

[indent]
Pipeline
Vacant
Crash
Crossfire
Broadcast
Backlot
Chinatown
Wetwork
Killhouse
Showdown
Strike
Overgrown
District
Ambush
[/indent]

HC Mix - 74.91.124.122:28930

[indent]
Vacant (Domination)
Ambush (Sabotage)
Crossfire (Domination)
Crash (Sabotage)
Overgrown (Search and Destroy)
Backlot (Sabotage)
Shipment (Domination)
Countdown (Domination)
Strike (Sabotage)
Broadcast (Search and Destroy)
Shipment (Sabotage)
District (Domination)
Killhouse (Sabotage)
Backlot (Domination)
Crossfire (Sabotage)
[/indent]
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:04:33 pm by RayMRC »

J-Rod

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 01:48:14 am »
I'd like to suggest a change of the time limit to 10 minutes instead of 20.

JimK

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 11:55:32 am »
Quote from: J-Rod
I'd like to suggest a change of the time limit to 10 minutes instead of 20.

Agreed. At least lower it to 15. 20 is too long.

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 07:24:59 pm »
Time limit lowered to 15.

echo

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 12:14:14 am »
Thanks Tig. The old server time of 10 was one of my favorite things about it, we moved from map to map very quickly. 20 seems to be a pretty standard time but it always is brutally long for me, I tend to want to leave before it's over, but that feels so incomplete. 15 might be the sweet spot!

Synyster

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 09:30:10 am »
elevator glitches, Whats that?

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 09:43:03 am »
Quote from: Synyster
elevator glitches, Whats that?

Info on elevator glitches can be found here.

J-Rod

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 12:11:32 pm »
I've seen a few of these on other maps, too. All are ban-able pretty much in every server I've ever played in, aha.

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 07:47:17 pm »
Updated. I've lowered helicopter health so any gun can take out a chopper without taking all your ammo. This is to reduce killstreak abuse and to make the game less frustrating for players of all skill levels.

I also reduced the intermission time from the default 30 seconds to 10 seconds. I recognize that people sometimes use intermission time to change classes but I think most are just waiting for the next map. You can always disconnect, create your class, and reconnect (or make quick changes). This is to minimize downtime and provide more non-stop fun.

B3 has been installed on our new server and it comes with some powerful features, including some automated anti-cheat and anti-nuisance measures as noted in the original post of this topic.

I'm looking for input on the idea of disallowing grenade launchers, RPGs, last stand, and/or martyrdom (exceptions can be made during Fragathons). This could be auto-enforced via B3, as is done at WYD. I would also like to "discourage" certain things like excessive hopping, spam fire and nading, and killstreak abuse, but don't want to strictly forbid these things

Bzheng

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 09:04:49 pm »
I'm down with disallowing some perks, but I disagree on the "No Hopping" rule, I hate that rule on the WYD server xD
[align=center][/align]

Steam:Steam Profile Link

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 09:08:31 pm »
Yeah I don't want to make "no hopping" a rule in our server. At the same time, I do think it annoys a lot of people when it gets excessive so I want to "discourage"' it.

Bzheng

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 02:31:18 pm »
I've been on a lot of servers since LaW changed the port of their server and their server has became "dead," I've only seen 2 people say "hopping" is annoying, I think most people don't even know what "hopping" is. But do whatever you feel is right Tig :)
[align=center][/align]

Steam:Steam Profile Link

echo

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 02:52:29 pm »
yea! I'm a big fan of reduced helicopter health!

If there's stuff that we can agree on as bad and b3 can automatically kick for it, then that's good...I prefer all perks in general because otherwise, it just gives people cause to get angry at other players, and it's especially bad when there aren't admins on hand to kick for say, marty.

The no hopping rule also falls along those lines and is confusing for a lot of people. 8th has this rule and it's probably the most frequent source of chatter in-game and needs a lot of kicking. And it's often unclear -- for example, are you going to have to walk down stairs or can you hop off the top of them (quicker, but avoids fire somewhat)?

Net-Jam has or had a "no excessive RPG" rule that was also confusing  because of uneven enforcement; where do you draw the line?

Squeaks

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 09:44:10 pm »
it's up to you Tig, but...

I love the idea of a server where all perk/weapons/tactics are allowed. it's part of the attraction here, and seems to go hand in hand with the Regenesis, adult-oriented ideals. Yeah, sometimes it's annoying to get tubed over and over, but then again I'm not going to throw a fit it someone wants to play like that, and respect the fact that that is how they choose to play. If someone wants to camp, or tube, or whatever, they should be able to do that. It makes the game more fun if you can play in the manner you like. And although someone else may not like camping, it shouldn't necessarily mean it should be banned. Also, there are the times when even I will screw around with a tube or RPG's for whatever reason, and would like the ability to do so.

But that's just me, let's see if anyone else chimes in.
[align=center]Yes and it\'s no use saying that you don\'t know nothing

It\'s still gonna get you if you don\'t do something

Sitting on a fence that\'s a dangerous course

You may even catch a bullet from your peace keeping force[/align]

J-Rod

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 02:32:14 am »
I'm mostly against forbidding perks and the largest reason isn't that I use things like tubes/rpgs/marty/laststand or whatever. it's because forbidding perks leads to asshats using them just to piss off the players. If it's allowed, no one seems to rely on it just to get a reaction.

I've never really thought about an FPS limit but I do think it's a good idea. Most common FPS figures I've seen thrown around are 125 and 250. Anything over those will prompt a warning to lower your FPS rate to anything lower than the limit or you'll be kicked. Once you lower your FPS, you can jump right back into the server. I've only seen it done with PB but I'm sure it can be done with B3.

As for hopping; I do it, others do it, yes it erks me sometimes, but oh well. it's just as cheap as waiting until you die to use your chopper (like I almost always do as well), or camping a "difficult to counter camp" location. I don't really see a way to combat over endulgent hoppers without an admin being present in the server at all times and having all admins be on the same spot on the same page in the same book as every other admin. I just don't see a good and effective way to combat it at this point.