Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
Factions Economy
« on: June 01, 2017, 08:33:08 am »
So I noticed yesterday in Factions that we can get a jump start on money by using the /sell command. This would be a good time to determine what if any prices should be adjusted. The prices we set will have an important impact on the shift of balance in the server; e.g. by making obsidian cheap and TNT is expensive, we can favor defense. Or we can favor blowing bases up by doing the opposite. Prices also determine how many players spend the majority of their time; if for example sugar cane is expensive (which it currently is at $10 each), players will spend a lot of time growing sugar cane. Personally I'd favor making a variety of things about equal in value per time spent so players have options and don't get burnt out doing one thing.

TO SELL put an item in your hand, then type sell hand. This will sell all items of that type in your inventory (not just your hand). Some items cannot be sold at this time.

BUYING: there is no store yet, although a WIP candidate for our store can be seen at /warp shop. BTW this is a new area I'm suggesting for the server spawn (D-ST1 and TwiZted will decide if they wanna go with it or choose another location) because it has a variety of biomes and solid water access nearby. Still needs a bunch of things to be built, but anyway the focus of this topic is economy/money/prices. So please post your feedback on that here.

Unicologic

• Ops Team
  • Standard User
  • Such Magic
    • View Profile
Re: Factions Economy
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 01:04:48 pm »
I suggest we go through the prices of all items and have a change if necessary. We also have to take into considerations because although there are lots of casual items, some of them are more valuable than others. But I think it would be more balance to set the prices, which the market sell, of the objects higher than what players get when selling their stuff. This is because of the excessive benefit that players get when the rate is 1:1 since getting the stuff that they need immediately is the real advantage.  Therefore I suppose that we can make the "taxes" on each product, but the taxes will be set lower for the essential products ( stone/wood/... ) ( maybe something like 1:1.05 ) and higher for valuable, rare stuff (like enchanted bow, ....) ( 1:1.4 or 1:1.5, etc.). And one more thing is the player-trading system when players can buy and sell stuff for others. With this way, players can make profit :D ( and scam, too, but well...).
Side note: I can help determining the money if people need :P

Swagger

• Standard User
  • Personal Text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 01:05:09 pm »
You can also hold the object in your hand and type "/price" or "/worth"; This will tell you the value of 1.

Honestly, I'd suggest turning the majority of things OFF to be bought. If you can just farm Sugarcane or other blocks (Mob Farms, especially), then it just turns into who can buy the most resources rather than any actual surviving/working aspect. :thinking:
heuaheJGLKJFJ FUCK

Quesadios

• Banned
  • Standard User
  • You are now breathing manually.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 02:43:51 pm »
You can also hold the object in your hand and type "/price" or "/worth"; This will tell you the value of 1.

Honestly, I'd suggest turning the majority of things OFF to be bought. If you can just farm Sugarcane or other blocks (Mob Farms, especially), then it just turns into who can buy the most resources rather than any actual surviving/working aspect. :thinking:

How about taking one from Runescape and implementing a buy limit with an hours long cooldown. Obsidian, for example, 60 blocks for 6 hours, or 20 diamonds for 2 hours? Not saying go by 10/hr, actual hard limits per item to add an implicit effort value and whatnot. You can come by diamonds on random chance just line mining, but to get obsidian you have to plan on it.

That way it's no replacement for going and getting it yourself, but if you need some, but not a lot, it works in a pinch.

Also, don't sell finished TNT. Sell gunpowder.
If you believe this is anything other than a gaming community, I have a bridge you may be interested in buying.

Swagger

• Standard User
  • Personal Text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 07:43:21 pm »
This

How about taking one from Runescape and implementing a buy limit with an hours long cooldown. Obsidian, for example, 60 blocks for 6 hours, or 20 diamonds for 2 hours? Not saying go by 10/hr, actual hard limits per item to add an implicit effort value and whatnot. You can come by diamonds on random chance just line mining, but to get obsidian you have to plan on it.

That way it's no replacement for going and getting it yourself, but if you need some, but not a lot, it works in a pinch.

Also, don't sell finished TNT. Sell gunpowder.

This could work! I'd also suggest maybe a sell limit/cooldown as well? That way someone can't just go down to bedrock and sell an entire inventory of full stacks at once.  ???

I mean, I don't want things to be too hard, but definitely not too easy. :P
heuaheJGLKJFJ FUCK

iSuryaNZ

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 07:29:25 am »
o_o Whats the ip to this factions server?