• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
Re: Tig's Photo and Video Work
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2017, 12:32:54 pm »
Beautiful Tig but why is it not HD?!  :'(

Thanks man! Tried posting HD at first but it was making the forum topic page too wide. So here, links!

[left-indent]720P | 1080P[/left-indent]

vish

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2017, 02:19:35 am »
Sorry for late CC, but don't you think you are way too much into the whites and highlights?
"I love you too, honeybuns" - Tig, 2017

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2017, 02:49:29 am »
To my eyes, yes. Then again ask a hundred people to assess tonal characteristics and you'll get as many different answers. Ultimately know thy audience; I produce for my clients' preferences.

Flat tonality and muted colors are popular in wedding films, so I always have that up my sleeve. Another I like tends toward rich shadows. This on the other hand is matched to the couple's personalities, the venue, and the season. I may make a more subdued portfolio version for broader appeal, but for these two I wanted more expanded colors and tones to emphasize event-specific details.

LOVE the constructive criticism. I have so much to learn, especially about color grading. You're welcome to download and edit this more to your taste, I'd love to see another person's take.

twiztedstudiez

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2017, 08:21:36 am »
Sorry for late CC, but don't you think you are way too much into the whites and highlights?

I'm going to have to agree. Looks a bit washed out or over saturated. Not terrible, but it is noticeable. With that said I doubt your standard Joe would complain about it or even notice it.

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2017, 02:59:49 pm »
Thanks for the continuing CC! Note that for improved response time and latency, gamers typically use TN panel monitors which are not the primary display I produce my videos for—they suffer lower contrast, brightness, gamut, viewing angles, etc., and are being generally supplanted in everyday use (phones, tablets, laptops, and increasingly non-gaming consumer desktop displays and TVs. I do view my videos on IPS, S-PVA, and TN before final render to make compromises where necessary and warranted, but unfortunately these videos will most likely look the worst for you guys as gamers. When I start making gaming-oriented videos I'll definitely produce differently.

twiztedstudiez

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2017, 06:07:51 pm »
Thanks for the continuing CC! Note that for improved response time and latency, gamers typically use TN panel monitors which are not the primary display I produce my videos for—they suffer lower contrast, brightness, gamut, viewing angles, etc., and are being generally supplanted in everyday use (phones, tablets, laptops, and increasingly non-gaming consumer desktop displays and TVs. I do view my videos on IPS, S-PVA, and TN before final render to make compromises where necessary and warranted, but unfortunately these videos will most likely look the worst for you guys as gamers. When I start making gaming-oriented videos I'll definitely produce differently.

Use IPS as primary here. I didn't watch it on anything else though so it might look different.

vish

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2017, 10:02:50 pm »
I will edit it to a lower highlight on some of the clips where the white is too much. But editing will commence on August as I am busy this month.

J-Rod

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2017, 11:55:30 pm »
Looks great to a novice on a cellphone.

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2017, 02:53:34 am »
Thanks all! Vish don't feel obligated, but yeah I hope you'll take a crack at it because this could be a cool place for us to all make each other better in our creative endeavors. When I can I'll share a couple videos with more typical aesthetics. The current fads in video color grading aren't really to my liking but I do do them for clients who want that.

vish

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2017, 12:48:21 am »

Tig

• Director
  • Standard User
  • AK Scum
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2017, 04:49:40 pm »
Sweet, will take a better look a little later! Right now it's only showing me a crappy low-res version because an upload is maxing out my connection. One thing I did notice is banding from the vignette-type effect you have behind the text at the beginning. Are you seeing that? Might not show up on your monitor.

twiztedstudiez

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2017, 05:11:01 pm »
Sweet, will take a better look a little later! Right now it's only showing me a crappy low-res version because an upload is maxing out my connection. One thing I did notice is banding from the vignette-type effect you have behind the text at the beginning. Are you seeing that? Might not show up on your monitor.

I see it. Think it's just the gradient though. The copy is definitely lower quality though. Guessing downgraded to 720P or something and Dropbox compressing even more.

vish

• Standard User
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2017, 12:26:23 am »
@tig Yeah the banding occurs due to reasons beyond my knowledge.
@twizted yeah I did the work on the 720p version of the video, didn't want to waste time rendering on a 1080 while I have other projects to finish

twiztedstudiez

• Standard User
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2017, 06:10:24 pm »
@tig Yeah the banding occurs due to reasons beyond my knowledge.
@twizted yeah I did the work on the 720p version of the video, didn't want to waste time rendering on a 1080 while I have other projects to finish

Ah didn't even notice he posted both copies.