July 24, 2017, 01:30:49 pm

Author Topic: Tig's Photo and Video Work  (Read 11124 times)

Bzheng

• View Profile
Re: Tig's Photo and Video Work
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2017, 11:24:39 am »
Beautiful Tig but why is it not HD?!  :'(
[align=center][/align]
Steam:Steam Profile Link

Tig

• Media Team
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2017, 12:32:54 pm »
Beautiful Tig but why is it not HD?!  :'(

Thanks man! Tried posting HD at first but it was making the forum topic page too wide. So here, links!

vish

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2017, 02:19:35 am »
Sorry for late CC, but don't you think you are way too much into the whites and highlights?
"I will fuck your mother, and your father. I'll fuck your whole family, including your dog. Fuck you" - Tig 6/14/2017

Tig

• Media Team
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2017, 02:49:29 am »
To my eyes, yes. Then again ask a hundred people to assess tonal characteristics and you'll get as many different answers. Ultimately know thy audience; I produce for my clients' preferences.

Flat tonality and muted colors are popular in wedding films, so I always have that up my sleeve. Another I like tends toward rich shadows. This on the other hand is matched to the couple's personalities, the venue, and the season. I may make a more subdued portfolio version for broader appeal, but for these two I wanted more expanded colors and tones to emphasize event-specific details.

LOVE the constructive criticism. I have so much to learn, especially about color grading. You're welcome to download and edit this more to your taste, I'd love to see another person's take.

twiztedstudiez

• Chief Information Officer
    • View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2017, 08:21:36 am »
Sorry for late CC, but don't you think you are way too much into the whites and highlights?

I'm going to have to agree. Looks a bit washed out or over saturated. Not terrible, but it is noticeable. With that said I doubt your standard Joe would complain about it or even notice it.

Tig

• Media Team
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2017, 02:59:49 pm »
Thanks for the continuing CC! Note that for improved response time and latency, gamers typically use TN panel monitors which are not the primary display I produce my videos for—they suffer lower contrast, brightness, gamut, viewing angles, etc., and are being generally supplanted in everyday use (phones, tablets, laptops, and increasingly non-gaming consumer desktop displays and TVs. I do view my videos on IPS, S-PVA, and TN before final render to make compromises where necessary and warranted, but unfortunately these videos will most likely look the worst for you guys as gamers. When I start making gaming-oriented videos I'll definitely produce differently.

twiztedstudiez

• View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2017, 06:07:51 pm »
Thanks for the continuing CC! Note that for improved response time and latency, gamers typically use TN panel monitors which are not the primary display I produce my videos for—they suffer lower contrast, brightness, gamut, viewing angles, etc., and are being generally supplanted in everyday use (phones, tablets, laptops, and increasingly non-gaming consumer desktop displays and TVs. I do view my videos on IPS, S-PVA, and TN before final render to make compromises where necessary and warranted, but unfortunately these videos will most likely look the worst for you guys as gamers. When I start making gaming-oriented videos I'll definitely produce differently.

Use IPS as primary here. I didn't watch it on anything else though so it might look different.

vish

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2017, 10:02:50 pm »
I will edit it to a lower highlight on some of the clips where the white is too much. But editing will commence on August as I am busy this month.
"I will fuck your mother, and your father. I'll fuck your whole family, including your dog. Fuck you" - Tig 6/14/2017

J-Rod

• Game Server Admin (GSA)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2017, 11:55:30 pm »
Looks great to a novice on a cellphone.

Tig

• Media Team
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2017, 02:53:34 am »
Thanks all! Vish don't feel obligated, but yeah I hope you'll take a crack at it because this could be a cool place for us to all make each other better in our creative endeavors. When I can I'll share a couple videos with more typical aesthetics. The current fads in video color grading aren't really to my liking but I do do them for clients who want that.

vish

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2017, 12:48:21 am »

Tig

• Media Team
    • View Profile
    • TigWD
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2017, 04:49:40 pm »
Sweet, will take a better look a little later! Right now it's only showing me a crappy low-res version because an upload is maxing out my connection. One thing I did notice is banding from the vignette-type effect you have behind the text at the beginning. Are you seeing that? Might not show up on your monitor.

twiztedstudiez

• View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2017, 05:11:01 pm »
Sweet, will take a better look a little later! Right now it's only showing me a crappy low-res version because an upload is maxing out my connection. One thing I did notice is banding from the vignette-type effect you have behind the text at the beginning. Are you seeing that? Might not show up on your monitor.

I see it. Think it's just the gradient though. The copy is definitely lower quality though. Guessing downgraded to 720P or something and Dropbox compressing even more.

vish

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2017, 12:26:23 am »
@tig Yeah the banding occurs due to reasons beyond my knowledge.
@twizted yeah I did the work on the 720p version of the video, didn't want to waste time rendering on a 1080 while I have other projects to finish

twiztedstudiez

• View Profile
    • Ninth System
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2017, 06:10:24 pm »
@tig Yeah the banding occurs due to reasons beyond my knowledge.
@twizted yeah I did the work on the 720p version of the video, didn't want to waste time rendering on a 1080 while I have other projects to finish

Ah didn't even notice he posted both copies.